Clinical Psychologist Dallas, Texas. Graduated with honors in 1989 and has more than 29 years of diverse experiences.
Whatever obstacles and struggles someone may be going through in life, I consider it a privilege to help them deal with. I understand that the patients I see are entrusting me to give them the right resources to guide them down a new path, with a new perspective, so they can achieve their own goals. With a healthy balance of listening, guiding, and even learning, I take pride in using my own experience and resources to help people really start off on the right foot on that path. Whether you, or someone you know struggles with something like depression, or simply wants a different outlook on their life, it’s something to work through together, and by setting up a consultation, we can get started.
I consider all my patients to be more than just another name, or an appointment. Therapy is meant to be a completely individual experience, and I treat it as such, with deep compassion and absolutely no judgment. Not only do I want to provide support and encouragement for each of my clients, but it’s my goal to offer them practical resources that they can put into practice immediately in their lives. I used both modern approaches and tried and true methods to fit each client’s individual needs with understanding, no matter who they are, or their particular walk of life. Everyone can achieve more personal growth and strength, and it’s an honor to work on that together.
Fostering an empathic alliance with his clients that helps them develop resilience and strength from life’s difficult challenges. He uses a range of techniques to alleviate his clients’ distress. He has treated individuals, couples and families for anxiety, depression, substance abuse, chronic stress, interpersonal conflict, career issues, and anger management.
Doctorate in Psychology with honors from the University of Texas at Austin in 1989.
In recognition of his contribution to scholarship, received the University’s award for outstanding dissertation of 1989.
Experience and Services
A licensed clinical psychologist with 27 years of experience in private practice.
His Approach Includes
- Cognitive-Behavioral Strategies designed to improve his clients’ coping skills and significantly reduce their distress.
- Couples Counseling tailored to help clients communicate effectively and resolve conflict more easily.
- Family Systems Therapy that empowers clients to work together for a more harmonious home life based on mutual understanding and respect.
- Solutions-Based, Cognitive Re-Structuring and Stress Management that addresses the complex issues in substance abuse with a greater chance for recovery.
- Career Counseling that helps clients better understand their long- term goals and decisions for a more rewarding professional life.
- Grief Counseling that enables clients to work through the pain and sadness of loss and bereavement.
- Stress Management Techniques that alleviate anxiety from the pressures of daily life.
- Assertiveness Training that helps clients affirm their self-worth and fulfill their needs in more satisfying relationships.
- Client-Centered Self-Psychology for enhancing self-esteem with an improved self-image.
- Anger Management Strategies that reduce turmoil as clients learn to express their feelings more appropriately.
- Humanistic and Existential Psychotherapy that helps clients to clarify their values and commitments as they consolidate their identity around their most important personal convictions.